The Girls

The Girls

Welcome to the Scrapbags Blog

We are a very friendly group of scrappers who meet each month in Hertford. We chat, scrap, share ideas and techniques and generally have a great crop which usually flies by far too quickly.

We love to meet fellow scrappers so please feel free to stop by and meet us (dates & location to the right), or if you'd like more details please drop me a line at scrapbags@ntlworld.com.

Thursday 30 August 2012

Stripped bare....

 
Not me - the cabin.  Scrapbags are off to Theobalds Park in the morning for our Summer Retreat so I have had to pack everything up and load it into the car, and now my cabin is quite bare and forlorn.Not for long though as I'll be unpacking it all again on Sunday evening.

Just time for a quick catch up with Scrapbags class layouts.  Here is August's offering using Prima Almanac papers and a pic of yours truly.



 
 
We have  just two classes this weekend, but I have compensated with a few challenges with some fab prizes.  The Friday Freebie is a quick & simple LO designed to kick-start our mojos, getting us actually scrapping.
 
 
The retreat kit includes StampinUp Pocketful of Posies papers and coordinating cardstock.  I used StampinUp stamps and punches to make the embossed flowers, dug out  my meltpot to make the UTEE flower centres, and followed a Sketchabilities sketch to make this layout:
 
 
 
 
 
From the remaining papers I made this layout which involved LOTS of sewing:
 
 
 
 
And this patterned paper was perfect for the Dancing Queens. I just added lots of stickles and glossy accents:
 
 
 
And I still have two more sheets of paper, ribbons and embellies left in my kit so my challenge this weekend is to actually finish up the whole kit.
 
 
Happy Scrapping
xx

No comments: